GP#06 - USA, Glen Helen

Archief van de GP's 2010 + MXDN - Read Only!
Lander Vanderstraeten
wk mister 875cc
Ik ben een..: motocrosser voor het plezier, ik rijd geen wedstrijden
Ik ben aangesloten bij..: Geen van bovenstaande

GP#06 - USA, Glen Helen

Berichtdoor Lander Vanderstraeten Do 01 Apr 2010, 15:16

Het is misschien 1 april maar....

Het zou wel waar kunnen zijn, de drie sites bevestigen het.

Dat stefan zal starten geloof ik natuurlijk nooit!! :)

http://www.mxworld.be/article.php?idtodisplay=424
http://www.glenhelen.com/
http://www.motocrossmx1.com
0 x

enjoy the ride, don't destroy it
Matthias Van Eeckhoven
ama mister 875cc
Ik ben een..: motocrossfanaat, maar ik heb zelf geen moto

Re: GP in USA - Glen Helen?

Berichtdoor Matthias Van Eeckhoven Do 01 Apr 2010, 16:23

Sommige boekhouders in sommige teams zullen groen lachen ...
En als je Geboers z'n reactie leest ...

Sylvain Geboers team owner of the Rockstar/Teka Suzuki team

I look forward to it, I support a Grand Prix in the US, and it is needed. I think it is exciting to go back to the US, that must be above any negatives. The news comes quickly, we all have our budgets decided and for some of the teams it is a problem. For those teams that have an American sponsor it shouldn’t be a problem. We are happy there is a Grand Prix in America, for the sport it is a necessity to have a Grand Prix in the US. It comes so quickly, and unprepared, so suddenly out of the corner, at a moment when we are starting the Grand Prix season.
0 x

Brian Antonissen
wk mister 875cc
Ik ben een..: geen van bovenstaande

Berichtdoor Brian Antonissen Do 01 Apr 2010, 19:22

Denk niet dat het een 1 aprilgrap is en een mooie opsteker voor GH die vorige week hun AMA contract niet hebben kunnen verlengen.

GH heeft een mooie omloop plus mooie faciliteiten zoals een gloednieuwe motowash.
0 x

"Comparing times between smaller and larger cc bikes is a time honored tradition of the know nothing idiot."
Matthias Van Eeckhoven
ama mister 875cc

Berichtdoor Matthias Van Eeckhoven Do 01 Apr 2010, 21:26

Stewart zou "moeten" rijden omdat Red Bull hoofdsponsor is van GP's en van Stewart ...

USA KTM Bases rijders zouden rijden: Searle en Mike Alessi dus.
Tyla Rattray wilt rijden als hij mag van Mitch Payton.
0 x

Ed
Eddie Boot
ama sx 250 champ

Berichtdoor Eddie Boot Do 01 Apr 2010, 21:30

From www.mxlarge.com and Geoff Meyer:

The World Motocross Championship turned another corner yesterday when news leaked out that a round of the FIM World Motocross Champion would be held at the famous Glen Helen circuit in America. Probably the best known Motocross circuit in America it was with huge emotion as it became clear that Glen Helen was now a Grand Prix facility. It was back in the early 1990’s that Glen Helen ran a 500cc Grand Prix under the promotion of Roger De Coster and now nearly 20 years later the Grand Prix riders return to California.

MXlarge decided to contact a handful of people inside the Grand Prix circle and ask them their opinion on the news. We spoke to Dave Thorpe, Sylvain Geboers, Josh Coppins and Stefan Everts.

STEFAN EVERTS: RED BULL KTM TEAM MANAGER AND TEN-TIMES WORLD MOTOCROSS CHAMPION

"We are very excited about this; it is great for the sport and the riders. Also for Red Bull it is a good step and something they are supporting. For KTM it is the chance to go to America and show our new models, and show our riders. I think Glen Helen is a really good circuit and it’s really a good move for us, very positive for the sport.

"We will do everything we can to make this a really special event. Of course we also would like that Tommy Searle and Mike Alessi race this race. Alessi has been out and all the extra riding he can do is good for him. KTM support this event 100% and are excited to go.

"For me I remember racing the USGP and it was always a big deal, America is a big market and to race there was always a pleasure. I also think with the event being on the West coast there are more fans than on the East Coast, so the chance of a good support from the spectators is possible."

SYLVAIN GEBOERS: TEAM OWNER OF THE ROCKSTAR/TEKA SUZUKI TEAM

"I look forward to it, I support a Grand Prix in the US, and it is needed. I think it is exciting to go back to the US, that must be above any negatives. The news comes quickly, we all have our budgets decided and for some of the teams it is a problem. For those teams that have an American sponsor it shouldn’t be a problem. We are happy there is a Grand Prix in America, for the sport it is a necessity to have a Grand Prix in the US. It comes so quickly, and unprepared, so suddenly out of the corner, at a moment when we are starting the Grand Prix season.

"No doubt Suzuki in America will help us, we are an official team and we are in the area of Suzuki, just as Honda, Kawasaki and Yamaha are in that area and will support the teams. I have no clue if there is an event on the same day, and what type of support we will get.

"Whatever is possible I will have, our cooperation with Roger is very good and he will support it 100%, there is no doubt about that. It is no problem for our team to go there. Both Rockstar and Teka are happy to have a Grand Prix there.

"Nobody knows what will happen, what I do know is that because it is so early in the season all the teams will go, otherwise they can forget being World Champion."

DAVE THORPE: CCM TEAM MANAGER AND THREE-TIMES 500cc WORLD CHAMPION

"I’ve had contact with the directors at CCM and they are very positive about it, obviously we had a budget, I want to talk to Giuseppe this weekend about that. If you look at the schedule we have to come back to France the weekend after America, so that is tough. We can’t call Roger up and say give us some Suzuki’s. I mean we have plenty of bikes, so that isn’t a problem. CCM have welcomed the chance to go to America really.

"Obviously it is nice for the team and the company to be seen in America, but I was bitterly disappointed that the British GP dropped off that date, but with it being now put into the calendar later in the year, and then I am okay with that. As always Giuseppe will have a plan.

"I did Carlsbad, I did Glen Helen, and also Hollister Hills, I even won a race there. From a riders point of view it’s good to race there and go and show what they can do. As always there is always the politics and this is going to be a big event, well organized."

JOSH COPPINS: APRILIA FACTORY RIDER

"It’s great, bloody good, wicked track. I am wrapped. I mean I always wanted to race at Glen Helen, and to now have the Grand Prix there it is great news. We do a World Championship and we need to race all around the World. I know some teams will have difficulty with the budget, but for Aprilia they are excited to have their bikes shown in another market. For our team and myself it is a win, win.

"California is the biggest market in the World, so it’s the place to be. You are like me, you are there for the sport and Giuseppe has pulled something out of the bag and what the AMA Nationals has lost is Grand Prix’s gain.

"I mean Red Bull being involved and I am sure they are trying to get James Stewart involved, then maybe Red Bull push to have the Honda team there, if that happens then maybe Monster say lets also get our riders there, anything is possible. Maybe all of a sudden everyone will be there."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Heute einen guten Plan ist besser als morgen einen perfekten Plan
0 x

supporting mark boot
Rob Indemans
mxdn winner

Berichtdoor Rob Indemans Do 01 Apr 2010, 21:32

Kennystoofvlees zou ook interesse hebben voor Glen Helen,heb hem trouwens in't weekend zien trainen op een Factory honda in een Troy Lee kostumeke...

GP USA---> TLD Honda :idea:

Just wait and see,er is veel nieuws vandaag!!! :mrgreen:
0 x

Brian Antonissen
wk mister 875cc

Berichtdoor Brian Antonissen Do 01 Apr 2010, 22:20

Beste beslissing van YS in JAREN.

Eindelijk gaan we terug naar een WK en geen EK.
Nu nog terug naar Japan en kostenvergoeding voor de eerste 20 en YS is goed bezig.

En als Mike Alessi daar fit aan de start staat, is hij veruit topfavoriet. Of RV2 moet ook komen.
0 x

"Comparing times between smaller and larger cc bikes is a time honored tradition of the know nothing idiot."
Matthias Van Eeckhoven
ama mister 875cc

Berichtdoor Matthias Van Eeckhoven Do 01 Apr 2010, 22:25

Jonathan Beasley interview - USGP

Jonathan Beasley is one man who has put his heart and soul into Motocross, and Grand Prix Motocross has been one of his biggest passions. As a young man Beasley got the chance to see multiple World Motocross Champion Roger De Coster race.

Back in the 1970’s and 80’s De Coster was one of the coolest and most flamboyant riders around and he was pure Grand Prix. Beasley is the owner of the Budds Creek circuit in Maryland and has run a couple of USGP’s in the 1990's and the 2007 Motocross of Nations.

When I got the news yesterday that there was going to be a United States Grand Prix at the Glen Helen circuit in California I just had to call Jonathan Beasley up and talk to him. [...]
0 x

Gi
Gina Cuylaerts
50cc rider

Berichtdoor Gina Cuylaerts Vr 02 Apr 2010, 02:30

Ik vind dat niet zo plezant. Wij hebben alles al geboekt voor de GP van de GB. Het zal een citytrip Bristol worden zonder cross in plaats van 2 dagen cross. Hadden ze geen andere kunnen verplaatsen. :-(
0 x

Gu
Guy Dick
the legend!
Ik ben een..: een ex-competitierijder

Berichtdoor Guy Dick Vr 02 Apr 2010, 11:18

Stoofvlees zal toch met een handicap starten hopelijk (rondje voorsprong voor de anderen ofzo) :D
0 x

The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes
Da
Davy Vanderheyden
80cc pilot

Berichtdoor Davy Vanderheyden Vr 02 Apr 2010, 16:01

Ooit een amateurwedstrijd meerijden in Glen Helen is een droom die ik ooit hoop te verwezenlijken - is gewoon het sjiekste da'k ooit gezien heb.
0 x

Jan Willem Visser
mxdn winner

Berichtdoor Jan Willem Visser Za 03 Apr 2010, 17:32

De tranen schieten in mijn onderbroek. De propagandamachine voor Youthstream van Geff Meyer/Mxlarge draait weer op volle toeren:

Luongo didn't want to have teams with budget problems coming to Glen Helen.

"What I would like to say to the teams that might struggle with their budget. It is maybe better for some teams not to come to this race. Some of the smaller teams can better not attend if it is putting pressure on their budget. We don't want teams to have problems if they can't afford to come."

His vision of all the best riders in the World racing eachother continues to grow as the FIM World Championship riders compete in America for the first time in many years.

Dit geloof je toch niet? Een paar dagen voor de eerste GP wordt er doodleuk een GP in Amerika aangekondigd die midden in het seizoen wordt verreden en vervolgens roept de promotor eventjes dat als er teams zijn die het niet kunnen betalen dat ze dan maar lekker thuis moeten blijven. Dat KAN toch niet!

En dan vervolgens weer dat regeltje over 'His vision of all the best riders in the World racing eachother'. Nou dat hebben we vandaag gezien met Harbich voorop.
Wordt hoog tijd dat iemand weer eens een taart bij Luongo in zijn gezicht plaatst, misschien dat ie dan weer wakker wordt.
0 x

Matthias Van Eeckhoven
ama mister 875cc

Berichtdoor Matthias Van Eeckhoven Za 03 Apr 2010, 17:35

Z'n idee zal zijn, hoe meer piloten er thuis blijven in europa.
Hoe meer USA piloten ik een wildcard kan geven ...

Enkel zijn die niet echt geïnteresseerd lijkt me.
Ik zie weinig beweging buiten die enkele EX-GP rijders...
0 x

Etienne Dierckx
the legend!

Berichtdoor Etienne Dierckx Za 03 Apr 2010, 17:36

het probleem is ...
als de 40 vaste rijders naar GH trekken ... kan er geen enkele Amerikaan meedoen. Dus zeker geen Bubba, Villo of Dungey ...
Dus daar gaat geen kat naar komen kijken.

Dus vraagt hij lief of de mindere goden gewoon in Europa blijven ...

Met andere woorden ... ik heb jullie nodig wanneer het mij uitkomt ...
0 x

het glas is niet halfvol of halfleeg .... het glas is gewoon kapot ....
Gu
Guy Dick
the legend!

Berichtdoor Guy Dick Za 03 Apr 2010, 17:40

Mss wordt er iets niews ingevoerd: een thuisblijf-premie :D
0 x

The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes
Rob Indemans
mxdn winner

Berichtdoor Rob Indemans Za 03 Apr 2010, 17:57

ONGELOFELIJK,wat ene zwendel daar... :roll: :evil:
0 x

Lander Vanderstraeten
wk mister 875cc
Ik ben een..: motocrosser voor het plezier, ik rijd geen wedstrijden

Berichtdoor Lander Vanderstraeten Za 03 Apr 2010, 18:23

Het begint teminste te lijken op een WERELD kampioenschap!

Ik denk niet dat luongo dat hoeft te vragen, soweiso zullen er enkele teams de trip niet maken.. Geblesseerde piloten maken dan ook weer plaats voor wildcards.
0 x

enjoy the ride, don't destroy it
Matthias Van Eeckhoven
ama mister 875cc

Berichtdoor Matthias Van Eeckhoven Za 03 Apr 2010, 18:35

Een Wereldkampioenschap waar een heel continent niet aan mee doet...
Vind ik een beetje wrang smaken.

Ook dat bepaalde piloten geen vergoedingen krijgen voor hun diensten smaakt bitter en is eigenlijk in strijd met het internationaal arbeidsverdrag.

Maar ja natuurlijk is het een goede zaak een GP in USA, Brazilië (al is het in Brazilië weeral een kunstmatig track ... Geef ons dan toch Bello Horezonté) en in 2011en/of2012 zal er ook één komen in Nieuw Zeeland en Australië zou ook in bespreking zijn en dat vind ik goed! Echt waar als deze verplaatsingen voor de top 30piloten in beide klassen vergoed worden... Als je elk GP minimum 450 000 euro afperst van de GP organisatoren dan kun je de GP's buiten het Europese continent ook vergoeden!
0 x

Rob Indemans
mxdn winner

Berichtdoor Rob Indemans Za 03 Apr 2010, 18:42

Het zal voor enkele weer een einde kunnen betekenen voor een goede eindklasering op het einde van't seizoen vrees ik...
0 x

Ba
Bart Jacobs
ama lites national champ

Berichtdoor Bart Jacobs Za 03 Apr 2010, 18:46

Het equivalent van € 1000= $ 1350. Amerikanen een beetje kennende investeren ze alleen als ze er iets kunnen uithalen.
0 x

Terug naar “FIM 2010”